Please email [email protected] to request verification. Do not request verification in the comments on this post. Only verified members can post articles in the blog, post products in the marketplace, create events and send messages to other members. You don't need to send us Identification to be verified. IDs can be faked, so they have little weight here. If you do send an ID, we delete the information after we verify you.
Verification is an indication that we are fairly certain you are not a scammer or link spammer.
You should never assume a verified member is someone we have seen ID for. Never assume the name or any other information on their profile is true.
Never assume a verified member is telling you the truth because they have a verification mark. Always do your own verification if you are engaging in a transaction with someone.
If you send a verification request through your account settings, please email us at [email protected] to notify us, because we get no notifications about it. You may send your verification request via email rather than the option in your account settings.
Here are some of the several ways we may verify you:
- We may verify you, if you ask.
- If you are on an admin or moderator's friend list and they see your posts and activity and they are fairly certain you are not a scammer or link spammer, they will probably verify you. Sometimes I do it automatically without requests.
- If you have a verified friend here, who will vouch for you.
- If you have a website that has obviously been around for a while, it will help. We can give you a code to post in a file on your website to verify it is yours.
- If you have a verified account on a major social network site, we can give you a code to post on your profile there to verify it is your profile.
- Verification is free, but If you choose to send a $10 donation to us here Donate, we will verify you if your name matches the name on the donation. (Only I can see your info on the donation transaction.)
- There are probably other ways to verify you without an ID. Please email us at [email protected] to discuss it.