If you need help with XEPHULA, post your questions here so everyone can see the solution to the problem. Thanks!
- Public Group
- Science and Technology
- Today the Chrome bug reared it's ugly head and I could not connect to Xephula. The swirly-gig kept spinning and it would never connect. I ran another instance of Chrome and it connected just fine.
I went to Settings >> Security and Privacy >> Clear Browsing Data >> Basic tab and cleared cookies and files.
This did nothing, but when I went back and choose the Advanced tab and cleared only cookies and cached files, I could connect.
So there is actually 2 bugs going on. 1. can't connect, 2. cookies and/or file cache is not fully cleared on the Settings >> Security and Privacy >> Clear Browsing Data >> Basic tab.
- Chrome can mess up webpages after clearing file cache and cookies unless you go to the "Clear Browser Data" Advanced tab and check everything to clear. I have seen this occur on other websites. I am unsure if Chrome has a bug that does not fully clear file cache unless you use the Advanced tab or what is going on.
Also, Chrome can cause a failure to connect to a website. It can show you the swirly-gig rotating on a tab forever and nothing will load. Clearing cookies and file cache will fix it, or clear everything in the Advanced tab.
Just know that if you have problems, it can be Chrome causing it unless you clear all browsing data under the Advanced tab.
- GET XEPH TOKEN FOR DELETING YOUR MUMBLIT ACCOUNT
If you are a good standing member here and you have an account on mumblit.com, we will give you 10,000 XEPH token if you delete your mumblit account. All you have to do is give me the login credentials of your mumblit account so I can delete it. Once I delete it, we will send the 10,000 XEPH Token to your wallet or I will credit your account 20,000 points and you can create a wallet at your leisure and request a payout later.
The account on mumblit must already have existed for a while. We won't payout for an account deletion if it was created after 1/9/2022.
If you are active on Xephula, the more points you get for XEPH Tokens. The more people who hold XEPH Tokens, the more valuable they become. We have some things we are working on to make XEPH Token more valuable.
- If you want to run a first name only here, you can use the "Zero Width" Character for last name. Note that you only need one zero width char. You can't see it, but it's there. The site will not add a space where it is at.
This allows you to only use your username in the First Name field.
If you are verified and change your name with this, your verification will drop and you have to be re-verified.
https://unicode-table.com/en/200B/If you want to run a first name only here, you can use the "Zero Width" Character for last name. Note that you only need one zero width char. You can't see it, but it's there. The site will not add a space where it is at. This allows you to only use your username in the First Name field. If you are verified and change your name with this, your verification will drop and you have to be re-verified. https://unicode-table.com/en/200B/
- I should mention, lately there seems to be a Chrome bug that will cause you to not be able to connect to Xephula and other sites. If you can't connect, clearing cookies should fix it. You may have to close Chrome and restart it. I had this happen on another website, it's not unique to Xephula. It could have something to do with Chrome's "Pre-load pages for faster browsing and searching" setting.
Xephula is now owned in part by CMG Marketing Group of which I am Director of Marketing. The CEO and owner of CMG Marketing Group is Jeff Petermann.
This will bring some marketing & PR power behind Xephula and XEPH crypto currency.
If you did not know, I recently updated the Xephula code with many improvements that were needed, plus we had to update the custom group invitation system a bit.
Our next project is to improve the points to XEPH crypto request routine and separate it from the base points/wallet system so we can enable the post boost system.
Anyhow, thanks for being part of Xephula and we hope that together we can continue to grow our community and fight communism.
- There seems to be a problem with video uploads and large photo uploads. If you are having slow uploads or the "Something went wrong" message, please close all your browser instances and restart your browser and it should be fast again. I am unsure if it is a cloudflare problem or a Chrome problem. Will have to test more. I have cloudflare reverse proxy disabled at the moment.